Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Sorrow Turned to Light


A little over a month ago I lost my cousin to cystic fibrosis. It is a terrible disease which they have yet to find a cure for. I have had my grief period and am at peace that she no longer is in pain here on earth. Today is her birthday. The quote that was used in her obituary was this.... Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.  This quote is SO true. I will always remember the love she brought into my life. The countless hours spent in the hospital after school growing up. Being there and watching her daughter be born was a pure joy. I could see her face light up as she held her the first time. These are memories of her that I will hold dear for the rest of my life. Where today is a day to grieve, it is also going to be a day I will celebrate. Not only because of her life that she lead, but because today we found out that her sister is going to have a baby. This day of all days was when God decided to give our family a special gift of life. I share this with you not to give you some special insight into my life, but to encourage. When one thing is taken from our lives, God will give us something else to smile about. So today my tears have changed from sadness to happiness in a matter of minutes! I hope you find something to encourage you and smile about today. TOOTLES

No comments:

Post a Comment